To watch a short testimonial video about PEPA click on the discipline of interest to hear about previous participants experience and to understand the benefits for you, your employer and of course your patients.
The Program of Experience in the Palliative Approach [PEPA] is a national program funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing since 2003 and provides health care workers and practitioners, from a range of disciplines, an opportunity to undertake a clinical placement within a metropolitan or larger regional specialist palliative care service, to develop knowledge and skills in the palliative approach. Target disciplines:-
- Primary care providers
- Aged care providers (residential and community)
- Aboriginal health workers, liaison officers and practitioners
- GP’s and Medical practitioners
- Nurses, RN/EN
- Allied health professionals
- Aged care workers
- Community care workers; and
- Health professionals servicing culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) populations.
There is an online application process. To apply send details of your name, discipline, workplace, email address and mobile phone number to email@example.com and you will be set up with a login to make your application. Download the information guide for participants to know more about PEPA.
If you have any questions please contact John McMahon, PEPA SA Manager 08 8271 1643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.